Senior Backend Developer - Telecom
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Alo! Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that helps people connect in over 200+ countries and regions across the globe. We are building the next digital service that revolutionizes the telecom industry. We are a travel-tech company and an equal-opportunity environment that values and executes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our team is spread across 40+ countries and six continents. What glues us together is our commitment to changing the way you connect.
We hope that you care deeply about the quality of your work, the intrinsic worth of tasks, and the success of your team. You are self-disciplined and do not require micromanagement in terms of your skillset and work ethic. You do your best to flourish as an individual every day while working hard to foster a collaborative team environment. You believe in the importance of being — and staying — authentic, honest, positive, and kind. You are a good interlocutor with clear and concise communication. You are able to manage multiple projects, have an analytical mind, pay keen attention to detail, and love to get your hands dirty. You are cognizant, tolerant, and welcoming of vulnerabilities and cultural differences.
About the Role
Position: Full-time / Employee
Benefits: Employee Stock Options, work-from-anywhere stipend, annual wellness & learning credits, annual all-expenses-paid company retreat in a gorgeous destination & other benefits
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Senior Backend Developer who is willing to join our expert team developing new features and extending the existing ones in our Network experience team. We welcome talented, passionate, innovative, result-oriented professionals who will drive our technical excellence, get and share knowledge throughout the team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing new services, refactoring of the existing ones
- Developing enterprise-quality, horizontally scalable, maintainable code using best practices, quickly and according to spec
- Developing new features or enhancements to existing features
- Developing API with multiple data sources
- Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs for front-end clients and other consumers
- Migrating Monolithic application to SOA
- Collaborating daily with other developers across the full software development lifecycle
- Automating testing by writing test code
- Troubleshooting issues and problem-solving as necessary
- Expertise in building large scale distributed systems
- Understanding of MNO vs MVNO vs MVNE concepts
- Experience in developing the BSS/OSS telco integrations
- Minimum 4 years of relevant full-time development experience in PHP
- Minimum 2 years experience in Laravel
- Minimum 2 enterprise project development
- Proficiency in event-driven architecture and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience and good knowledge of Messaging systems: Queue, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Experience and good knowledge of Cache and Caching strategies
- Proficiency in SQL/NoSQL
- Experience and knowledge of AWS services (EC2, Lambda, SQS, Security, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Proficiency in OOP concept, SOLID and design patterns
- Knowledge about developing multi-language API and admin panel
- Knowledge about Unit Test/Feature Test/Mocking
- Experience with Docker
- Good communication skills and fluency in English
Good to haves:
- Worked for a MVNE company as a software developer
- Expert knowledge of PaaS/ SaaS, SOA, Micro/ Nano services
- Prior work experience in telecommunications and network infrastructure
- Knowledge of eSIM and GSMA related technologies and services
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this opportunity with Airalo.