Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Alo! Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that helps people connect in over 200+ countries and regions across the globe. We are building the next digital service that revolutionizes the telecom industry. We are a travel-tech company and an equal-opportunity environment that values and executes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our team is spread across 40+ countries and six continents. What glues us together is our commitment to changing the way you connect.
We hope that you care deeply about the quality of your work, the intrinsic worth of tasks, and the success of your team. You are self-disciplined and do not require micromanagement in terms of your skillset and work ethic. You do your best to flourish as an individual every day while working hard to foster a collaborative team environment. You believe in the importance of being — and staying — authentic, honest, positive, and kind. You are a good interlocutor with clear and concise communication. You are able to manage multiple projects, have an analytical mind, pay keen attention to detail, and love to get your hands dirty. You are cognizant, tolerant, and welcoming of vulnerabilities and cultural differences.
About the Role
Position: Full-time / Employee
Benefits: Employee Stock Options, work-from-anywhere stipend, annual wellness & learning credits, annual all-expenses-paid company retreat in a gorgeous destination & other benefits
We are looking for an experienced and responsible senior QA automation engineer who will create and improve automation strategy and framework, making it part of our CI/CD pipeline . You will be part of our QA team that maximizes product quality and minimize regression risks by creating automated tests for our Backend API Platform and Web Panel.
- Designing, implementing, and executing automated functional, regression and performance tests
- Designing and implementing testing strategy for the Backend API Platform
- Testing mobile network connectivity by interacting with mobile devices
- Running Functional and End-to-End tests and making that sure the functionalities are in conformance with the user stories, acceptance criteria and design documents
- Ensuring version releases with 0 critical bugs
- Looking for ways to increase automation ratio as much as possible while performing manual tests for the scenarious that are not automated yet
- Collaborating and working closely with Product Managers, Developers, Designers to share bug reports, ensure business requirements are met, and increase code and automated test coverages
- Tracking and measuring quality metrics to take any necessary corrective actions proactively for one thing: the best quality can be achieved
- Evaluating, building, and improving the roadmap and infrastructure of the overall QA strategy and testing cycle for the end-products, making recommendations as necessary
- Helping to build and grow a strong and dedicated QA Guild
- 7+ years of dedicated experience in Quality Assurance (QA)
- Understanding of software testing theory and methodologies
- Experience in manual testing across the spectrum of acceptance criteria of the user stories and test cases
- Ability to make a realistic estimation of tasks of different types and sizes
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol & WebSocket
- Experience in automated functional, API, and UI testing
- Understanding of distributed apps and client-server architecture
- Experience with test automation frameworks e.g. LambdaTest, Selenium, Cypress, Playwright
- Strong familiarity with Agile software development, Scrum framework, product development life cycle, native mobile, and web applications
- Experience with continuous integration (CI/CD) pipelines and tools e.g., Bitrise, etc.
- Deep understanding of Version Control Systems, specifically Git
- Ability to describe issues and test cases in a clear, comprehensive, and consistent manner
- Experience with setting up testing environments and Docker containers for automated tests
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug test infrastructure (test environments, docker containers, CI/CD pipeline workflows related to test automation)
- Extraordinary attention to details by thinking the beauty is hidden in them
- Ability to make logical decomposition of application functionality
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL beneficial
- Strong critical and analytical thinking, ability to determine gaps and inconsistencies in product requirements and collaborate with product managers and developers to improve them
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Upper-intermediate)
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Agile product development practices and tools e.g. JIRA etc.
- Graduate degree in a related field
- Prior work experience in telecommunications
- Knowledge of eSIM and GSMA related technologies and services
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link.
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this opportunity with Airalo.