Senior Director of Tax
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the role:
The Sr. Director, Tax will serve as the tax leader for Fubo, providing technical leadership and strategic direction on tax matters. They will lead the development and implementation of global tax structuring and planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and tax special projects.
The role will report to the CFO and work closely with a broad range of internal stakeholders, including management, FP&A, accounting, operations, and legal on the tax impact of financial strategies, transactions.
- Establish and oversee all aspects of the Company’s tax department
- Manage and direct out-sourced preparation of U.S and foreign income, informational and indirect tax filings
- Oversee out-sourced quarterly/annual ASC 740 income tax reporting including SEC disclosures and documentation of uncertain tax positions
- Monitor tax internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404
- Manage and support external auditors' review of the quarterly/annual income tax provision.
- Manage relationships with tax advisers, law firms and other third-party advisers on tax matters
- Provide active support in the company’s strategic decision-making, due diligence, and integration for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, and other business transactions to ensure that senior management’s planning takes into account all relevant tax considerations
- Provide direction and oversight for direct and indirect tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, transfer pricing, and planning
- Lead implementation of transfer pricing policies and practices
- Collaborate with accounting and finance, HR, legal, treasury to identify tax issues, structure transactions and determine effective and efficient tax strategies
- Monitor tax legislation and communicate potential impacts of changes
- Aid in transformation of the tax function to scale for growth, which includes people, process improvement and implementation, and effective use of data and technology
- Seasoned tax professional with at least 10+ years of tax experience
- Profile to include a mix of public accounting or law firm and corporate experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in accounting. Master of Taxation, JD, or CPA preferred
- Diverse technical background with experience in all areas of corporate and partnership taxation, including transactional tax planning, M & A, U.S. and foreign tax compliance, transfer pricing, U.S/foreign tax audits/controversy and accounting for income taxes under U.S. GAAP
- Solid business acumen. Skilled at translating complex tax matters into non-technical terms and integrating tax considerations into overall decisions
- Skilled collaborator. Adept at developing internal relationships and constituents at all levels throughout the organization to help achieve tax and/or business objectives
- Proven track record of building a value-added tax function recognized for its ability to enhance the performance and operations of the company
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $160,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $195,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's annual cash bonus plans, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.