Engineering Manager, Ad Engineering
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the role
Fubo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Core Ads Team, responsible for building the ad delivery system and data processing components. In addition, you will be hiring, onboarding, and managing a team of engineers. Finally, you will work with our Product, Engineering, Ad Ops, and Ad Sales teams to build and support services
What you'll do
- Exceptional technical leadership skills, with a demonstrated track record in designing, creating, and deploying critical, internet-scale distributed services.
- Build a high-performing backend engineering team of strong and engaged engineers.
- Manage team performance, including coaching for career growth, and create a healthy team environment.
- Partner with your product and engineering peers to define the vision for the core ads platform and build the roadmap for your team.
- Design, build, and maintain business-critical streaming data and distributed systems within our ads ecosystem.
- Drive continuous improvements to the reliability, performance, accuracy, and security of services.
- Design and develop the core ads delivery system
- Solve distributed systems engineering and data problems, utilizing the best tools and technologies.
- Build shared libraries, tools, or frameworks to enhance engineering solutions.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to develop software that enhances the efficiency, visibility, and performance of our ad technology.
- Extract and aggregate data from a variety of sources into data warehouses.
- Have exceptional problem-solving and debugging skills and the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, regardless of their technical expertise, both in writing and verbally.
- Significant experience in addressing intricate challenges in high-frequency systems, where achieving scalability and top-notch performance is of paramount importance.
- Focused on delivering results and meeting deadlines.
- A strong inclination to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- B.S. or equivalent experience in computer science/related field
- Strong Software engineering and communication skills
- 10+ years of experience delivering production-quality software
- 3+ years of Adtech experience
- 1+ years of managing engineering teams
- Expertise in building services in Golang, Java, C# or Similar
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with data privacy and secure architectures
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-agnostic code (e.g., GCP, AWS)
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $190,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $230,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. This role is also available to candidates outside of the New York City area: different salary minimum and maximum compensation ranges may apply based on applicable market data and other factors at the company’s sole discretion.