Global Tax Manager
We’re a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. To do this, we’re crafting intuitive, seamlessly connected products that improve our lives without getting in the way. We think tech needs a change. In a world where products all look the same, we don’t want to just make the same thing as everyone else. What we want is to create iconic products that we’re proud to share with family and friends. And that means we have to do things differently. This is the spirit that drives and sustains everything we do.
In two years, we’ve grown from an idea to a 420+ people-strong global team with offices in four regions and have sold over 1.4 million products…
“In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic.” - Forbes
“Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
“Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air.” - Hypebeast
“The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
Last summer we released Phone (1), our debut smartphone and the centre of our hugely ambitious consumer tech ecosystem. Launch week saw us trending on UK Twitter, clocking up YouTube views in the millions and securing press coverage in thousands of leading titles. We ended 2022 with the release of our third product: Ear (stick). 2023 brings the latest addition to our audio range that's crafted with artistry, passion and innovation. Say hello to Ear (2), mighty little things.
We’re looking for a Global Tax Director to join our team in London as soon as possible; the successful candidate will play a leading role in defining the vision for tax management and partner with the wider team to effectively execute the strategy. The Global Tax Director will be working across direct tax, indirect tax, payroll tax and corporate projects. You will partner with our CFO and wider team to assess risks for Nothing as we continue our ambitious global expansion plans into new markets.
- Ensure that Nothing is compliant with Direct tax (Corporation tax) requirements in all jurisdictions in which it operates (locations where we have subsidiaries but also global locations where we do business)
- Ensure that we are tax efficient in all locations - making all available claims and credits
- Engage with other local government incentive schemes coordinating claims
- Build a global transaction map of the Nothing business, understand all cross border transactions and build a strategy to minimise tariffs in all locations
- Build efficient transfer pricing strategy, documentation and implementation
- Particular initial focus on India / China
- Assess sales tax approach, claim and reclaim in all locations - to ensure compliance and maximise reclaims
- Ensure compliance and monitor timely settlement of all payroll tax due in all locations - including small offices
- Build a strategy to ensure that we are flexible as we grow
- Manage complex payroll transactions such as domicile of international moving staff
- Assist with tax aspects of corporate structuring projects - particularly India structure and TopCo
- Build tax strategy for growth eg assess and manage US tax risk as we enter the market in 2023
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of tax management outside practice in a lead or senior role
- Able to work autonomously in defining vision for tax management in Nothing, experience in an SME or growth environment would be beneficial
- Proven ability to work with the broader finance team to deliver strategies into operation with tangible benefits for the organisation
- Pragmatic and data driven, looks for innovative solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.