Head of Talent Management & Performance
Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we’re building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We’re bringing that back.
To get there we’re gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you’ll be part of a movement . Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 1.5 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, read on…….
We are looking for an experienced people leader who knows what it takes to scale a fast paced start-up/scale-up. This is a global role that will create strategies and initiatives to optimise the performance of our people and teams.
Our people are the core of our business and this role will develop strategies to ensure everyone has clear and aligned objectives, timely feedback, career pathways and we remove friction in our day to day so we can run fast. This person will design, implement, own and continually improve all our frameworks and processes that optimise the performance of our people across the 12+ countries we work in.
This role will also own our people systems and ensure simplicity is designed into our employee experience. They will surface data and insights to drive our people and business strategy.
- Create the strategy to optimise the performance of our people and teams globally
- Own the frameworks, processes and systems that drive the performance of our people. These include onboarding, OKRs, performance management, talent mapping, career progression and succession planning
- Codify our Nothing values and embed them into all our people processes and initiatives to ensure our culture is a lived experience
- Own our people technology strategy to ensure a simple and frictionless experience for employees and managers
- Create strategies to drive adoption of our people systems
- Analyse data and insights to drive improvements in how we manage our people, company and formulate people strategies to deliver our business plan
- Be an integral part of our global people leadership team and contribute to the formulation and delivery of our global people strategy.
- 8+ years relevant people experience in fast paced high-growth technology organisations
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to put the team over individual ego
- Experience of working in teams across different geographies and cultures
- Takes pride in what they do and obsesses over the details to deliver high quality processes and deliverables
- A highly curious individual with a growth mindset always looking to learn and improve
- Someone who is action oriented and has a track record of delivering results
- Experience of implementing or managing people systems
- Experience of managing teams and developing people
- Ability to think strategically but is also prepared to roll their sleeves up and deliver
- An undergraduate degree and/or a HR certification. Master’s degree is a bonus but not essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.