Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we’re building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We’re bringing that back.
To get there we’re gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you’ll be part of a movement . Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 1.5 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, read on…….
Reporting into the Financial Controller for Europe, you’ll be collaborating with the FC and the centralised financial reporting and FP&A teams to ensure all financial reporting and operations are aligned. You will develop management reports, providing insights into business performance for the marketing, design and people teams. You will provide assistance with preparation and review during month-end and year-end closing, and support on the year-end audit. You will contribute and operate with procurement to local teams and work closely with the Financial Controller to develop policies and make process improvements.
- FP&A support and Business Partnering for EU-based teams (marketing, industrial design and people)
- Build positive relationship and connections with the sales and marketing, design and people teams
- Support quarterly budget preparation
- Preparation of monthly budget vs actuals and presentation to department teams
- Drive improvements in budget processes and reporting - build measurable metrics
- Support completion of month-end and year-end through review of financials and preparation of supplementary information
- Draft process notes to identify areas for improvement and drive implementation of best-practice processes
- Collaborate with external providers to document and meet compliance requirements for EU entities and US entity
- Assist with UK audit day-to-day coordination and data provision for December 2022 year-end, and subsequent corporation tax compliance
- Review and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Coordinate with external advisors to meet compliance requirements for non-UK entities based in the EU and US
- Support the EU teams with basic procurement processes, drafting template contracts and submitting AP requests
- Review budgets to identify potential cost-efficiencies and co-ordinate with the procurement team to keep track of detailed procurement processes
- Ad-hoc finance support
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or overseas equivalent), 2+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Understanding of FRS 102 and/or IFRS statutory accounting
- Positive interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate with and present to people at all levels, both financial and non-financial
- High level of accuracy, organisation and attention to detail
- Experience in a progressive business environment, willingness to drive improvements to achieve best-practice results
- Prior experience in a comparable role, comfortable with preparing and presenting financial information, co-operating with multiple stakeholders and implementing financial controls
- Interest and appreciation for technology and progressive working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.