Head of Marketing, Japan
Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we’re building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We’re bringing that back.
To get there we’re gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you’ll be part of a movement . Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 1.5 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, read on…….
- Lead on developing and delivering an overarching marketing plan for Nothing in Japan.
- Own both the brand marketing and product launch/life cycle activations.
- Build and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with channel partners and strategic collaborators.
- Work with the Sales Team in Japan to define and execute trade/channel marketing and sales programs, plans, and strategies that deliver annual targets for customer acquisition, retention, and engagement across key markets.
- Lead the IMC plan for new products coming into the region.
- Drive continuous improvement through testing, learning, and refining our always-on marketing approach.
- Budget ownership/management.
- Undertake new projects for long term value added.
- Over 10 years of relevant work experience as Marketing Head with Global Fashion/Design/Consumer Tech or other new age companies/start-ups with exposure in leading growth/marketing teams is a must.
- Strong growth mindset and deep understanding of the MZ generation in Japan. A leader who is bold enough to experiment with growth/marketing programs.
- Thorough understanding of all marketing verticals and with a proven track record of successfully executing 360° marketing campaigns.
- Confident team builder, able to build a high performing and motivated team, prioritize their personal development and career progression.
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company and our Middle east partners to drive our joint business plans.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills in both Japanese and English are a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.