Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we’re building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We’re bringing that back.
To get there we’re gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you’ll be part of a movement . Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 1.5 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, read on…….
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Director of PR to join our global marketing team and lead worldwide PR. The candidate will maintain a team responsible for campaigns that increase awareness of the company, new and established products and services, and other events. The role is responsible for shaping our global media relations strategy, creating media relationships, promoting and protecting corporate reputation, and leading PR campaigns. You may be required to source and support external agencies but need the ability to build and develop a PR team effectively. You will have a close partnership with regional GMs to ensure country-level impact.
Our ideal candidate has a documented history of developing and conducting measurable and effective consumer and corporate communications for fast-moving organizations, including earned media and influencer relations. They are entrepreneurial and have a goal-oriented approach. They have experience innovating with new tactics or channels to capture attention. They can both deliver long term strategies as well as jump into the tactical when needed to get the job done. A qualified candidate can handle difficult and sensitive issues, has high judgement, and ensures leadership make informed business decisions. They have demonstrated leadership experience and have built and managed large, international teams.
This role will work closely with, and report to, the VP of Marketing.
- Oversee and manage all PR globally
- Develop and execute strategic corporate and consumer PR plans
- Establish strong relationships with key media and key opinion leaders, including influencers and media personalities
- Create press releases and messaging documents to a high standard
- Manage difficult and sensitive issues and communications
- Provide short- and long-term counsel to leadership
- Collaborate with internal, cross-functional teams globally
- Manage external PR and other relevant agencies
- 15+ years of professional experience in PR
- Experience building and leading large, international teams
- Track record in comms, social media, and influencer campaigns
- Experience owning relationships with high-level media contacts and KOLs
- Experience evaluating innovative formats and emerging channels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and scaling measurement mechanisms
- Experience managing budgets and resources
- Ideally educated to degree level
Experience with PR relating to smartphones, audio, and/or other hardware
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.