Director, Growth Marketing & Research
Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we're building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We're bringing that back.
To get there we're gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you'll be part of a movement. Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 2 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, read on...
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Director of Growth Marketing & Research to join our global marketing team. The candidate will manage a team responsible for delivering foundational consumer research and insights to drive company strategy and driving global sales and customer growth through paid media (including paid search, paid social, and affiliates), owned media (including email), and customer lifecycle initiatives (including onboarding and cross-selling). The role is responsible for shaping our global growth marketing and research strategies, impacting all levels of the marketing funnel from awareness (partnering with PR, Brand & Culture, and Social & Content teams) through to acquisition.
It sets the vision of the customer journey and works cross-functionally to implement the plan across all channels. It partners closely with our regional GMs and regional marketing teams to ensure country-level impact while optimizing activities for scale and efficiency, and with our Product team and external partners to build any necessary marketing technology roadmaps. You may be required to source and manage external agencies and tools but need the ability to build and manage a growth team independently.
This role will work closely with, and report to, the VP of Marketing.
- Own the consumer research and growth marketing strategies for Nothing
- Lead and develop a highly effective marketing team across research, paid and owned media
- Synthesize consumer research & insights and business metrics to guide innovation
- Drive demand by launching performance marketing driven programs
- Drive customer growth and retention through lifecycle marketing campaigns and customer success programs
- Build scalable, repeatable marketing programs that have broad, but targeted reach
- Continually experiment and introduce new approaches to marketing that engage customers in innovative ways
- Own growth marketing KPIs; develop metrics and measurements to determine campaign effectiveness, including partnering with technical teams to implement performance measurement, attribution and channel optimization as inputs to business goals
- Track, measure, and analyse the performance of marketing campaigns and report results to leadership
- Maintain a shared marketing calendar to ensure alignment across cross-functional teams
- Manage marketing budget and resources
- 15+ years of professional experience in growth marketing
- Some experience in managing consumer research
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience building and leading large, international teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and scaling measurement mechanisms
- Experience managing budgets and resources
- MBA degree or other related higher education
- Professional experience with smartphones, audio, and/or other hardware
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.