Who are we?
Here at Nothing, we're building a world where tech is fun again. Remember a time where every new product made you excited? We're bringing that back.
To get there we're gathering the creative and the curious. Those that are passionate enough to question the old and embrace the new. In return, you'll be part of a movement. Contributing to a global ecosystem of products that bring joy to people's lives.
In just three years, we've sold over 2 million products worldwide, including Phone (1), which was listed on Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2022 for Innovative Smartphone Design. In March 2023, we released our most powerful earbuds yet, Ear (2), and in July, we launched the highly anticipated Phone (2), marking our US debut and our first second-generation smartphone. A few months later in September we launched CMF by Nothing. Our new sub-brand focused on making wonderful design accessible to all.
Radical spirit drives everything we do and spans seven offices around the globe. Our 4 core values sit at the heart of everything we do:
Be the change - we are proactive, action orientated and drive change, stepping outside of our comfort zone
Pride in the product - we obsess over detail, always improving and staying curious about tech and the world
Thrive on Diversity - we welcome differences, listen & communicate with respect and collaborate to build strong teams
Survive - we empower everyone to act as an owner and understand the business as a whole which leads to delivering exceptional results
If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, read on...
We’re building a design team in London and are looking for people of all genders, nationalities, backgrounds and experience levels to help us to invent groundbreaking technology products. Our audience is global, and tech needs new voices at the table, so we’re serious about building a talented team with a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives.
As Lead Modelmarker & Workshop Manager at Nothing, you’ll be central to shaping the look and feel of our products and as a part of your role will manage our growing workshop within our Design Studio in King’s Cross, London.
As a team, our Design practice covers a wide range of disciplines - Industrial Design, Engineering, Experience & Interaction Design, CMF, Connectivity, Sound, Emerging Technologies and more. In addition to your core skills as an Industrial Designer, we’re interested to hear about your own superpowers, both in and out of work, and how they might contribute to our technological re-invention.
We expect the following of all of our team:
- Interesting and original concept generation
- Creative and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent visual and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Intuitive appreciation for user-centered design
- Confidence designing for a brand with bold aesthetic direction and a clear vision
- Amazing collaboration skills
- Honesty, transparency and empathy - we do what we say we’re going to do and we look after each other
- Great taste
And as Workshop Manager we’ll also expect:
- Expert model making skills with a very high attention to detail
- Ability to create models to an appropriate fidelity - sometimes indistinguishable from a real product.
- Proficiency with a range of tools and machines - rapid prototyping, mills, lathes, CNC machines, laser cutters and more.
- Ability to collaborate with designers to propose novel mechanisms, approaches, finishing techniques and more.
- Good CAD proficiency to receive and adapt designs, and to propose changes where appropriate.
- Simple electronics knowledge is a bonus but is not essential.
And as the owner of our workshop space, we’ll also ask you to:
- Run & maintain our impressive collection of machines, including a Datron CNC machine, Universal Laser Systems Laser Cutter and Roland Vinyl Cutter.
- Maintain our stocks of materials and parts.
- Ensure the safe use of the workshop by the whole team, and any guests.
But most of all, we’re looking for creative people on our wavelength. If you think you might be one of us, please get in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will always promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.