Billing and Accounting Operations Specialist
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Parrot is an AI-first technology company empowering attorneys to get more from depositions. Trusted by leading insurance companies, law firms, and Fortune 500 companies alike, Parrot blends the proficiency of 100% reliable, highly-trained reporters with cutting-edge technology and artificial intelligence, ensuring smooth scheduling, immediate rough drafts, and real-time deposition summaries.
As a trusted partner for efficient court reporting services and its leading technology platform, Parrot enables its customers to unlock faster and better outcomes for their clients.
Why Join Us?
We are seeking a detail-oriented and efficient Billing and Accounting Operations Specialist. In this vital role, you will manage billing operations and accounting tasks, ensuring accurate and timely invoicing and financial records. You will monitor and reconcile incoming payments, manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, and process employee expenses, among other tasks. This role is a unique opportunity for someone with a keen eye for detail and a passion for maintaining financial accuracy in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
- Manage billing operations and accounting tasks to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and financial records.
- Monitor and reconcile incoming payments, identifying discrepancies and resolving issues.
- Address billing-related inquiries and disputes from customers in a professional manner.
- Collaborate with the customer support team to resolve billing concerns efficiently.
- Analyze billing data and generate reports on billing performance and key metrics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance billing operations.
- Reconcile financial transactions and bank statements to maintain accurate financial records.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices and payments.
- Process and record employee expenses, vendor invoices, and other financial transactions.
- Collaborate with other departments to gather financial information and ensure proper expense allocation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in billing operations or accounting roles, with demonstrated proficiency in managing financial records and processing invoices.
- Strong familiarity with Quickbooks and MS Excel is required.
- Familiarity with Stripe, Ramp, Zenefits, and Bill.com is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to identify discrepancies and resolve issues promptly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally address billing-related inquiries and disputes from customers.
- Proactive and innovative mindset, with the ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and automation.
Equity. We value an owner’s mentality - all our employees earn equity at Parrot!
Hybrid, flexible work. The flexibility to work from home, with the opportunity to travel and work with your colleagues from our offices in select hubs.
Health benefits. Highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time employees.
Unlimited paid time off. We not only give you the opportunity to take the time off, but we also encourage you to do so. We want all our colleagues to enjoy time away from the grind.
“Parroteer” Days. In addition to all public holidays, we provide four company-wide holidays annually. We do this to ensure our Team reflects on our successes and takes a moment for true time away.
Parental leave. We offer two months of paid parental leave -- regardless of your status as a primary or secondary caregiver.
Mental health. Annual subscription to meditation and mindfulness platform to help you focus on your mental health and happiness.
Physical health. Access to fitness classes and facilities in your location through a company-wide membership program.
Referral Program. It’s no secret A players hire A players, and we expect everyone at Parrot to wear a hat in recruiting. In fact, we incentivize it with a generous referral bonus for each successful referral you make.
We’d love to connect
We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, let’s connect.