Principal Investigator (in vivo Pharmacology)
PostEra is building a modern 21st century biopharma. We’re using our advances in machine learning to close the Design-Make-Test cycle of Medicinal Chemistry and bring more cures to patients.
PostEra is building a modern 21st century biopharma. We're using our advances in machine learning to accelerate Medicinal Chemistry and bring more cures to patients. PostEra advances small molecule programs through partnerships with biopharma while also advancing its own internal pipeline. We've raised $26M from top investors and closed $1Bn in AI partnerships, signing multi-year agreements with Amgen, Pfizer and the NIH. PostEra also launched and led the world's largest open-science drug discovery effort; COVID Moonshot.
What are we working on?
- Internal pipeline
- Pharma partnerships
- LOTS of ML + Eng for Hit Identification and custom data infrastructure
PostEra is building a modern 21st-century biopharma. We're using our advances in machine learning to accelerate Medicinal Chemistry and bring more cures to patients. PostEra advances small molecule programs through partnerships with biopharma while also advancing its own internal pipeline. We've raised $26M from top investors and closed $1Bn in AI partnerships, signing multi-year agreements with Amgen, Pfizer, and the NIH. PostEra also launched and led the world's largest open-science drug discovery effort; COVID Moonshot.
At PostEra we embrace a low-hierarchy structure to foster efficient operations:
• We believe time spent navigating complex hierarchies in organizations is better invested in the pursuit of groundbreaking technology and scientific discoveries.
• Our organizational structure is intentionally minimalist, and we encourage mentoring, collaboration, and participation in conferences and continuing education, to support our team members' growth.
• We promote a culture where individual achievement is celebrated through proportional compensation and internal recognition, including meaningful promotions.
• Ultimately, our collective focus is delivering cures to patients which we believe needs a huge amount of cross-disciplinary collaboration, so we've fitted our organizational structure to serve that end.
What you would do
- Act as Biology lead on multiple programs, from target validation to lead optimization, with a focus on in vivo disease models and translational medicine.
- Manage implementation and execution of key in vivo experiments at multiple CROs and analyze and report data to the internal team.
- Work closely with physician-scientist consultants to define pathways to the Clinic for PostEra programs.
- Work closely with the CSO to identify and evaluate targets for Women’s Health and Reproductive Medicine and develop a technology platform-based vision to target selection.
- Build the strategy associated with targets of interest, from market research to target product profile, and define assay cascade and critical Go/No Go milestones.
Experience and skills you should have
- PhD in biology or related discipline with >5 years of industry experience in the field of Reproductive Endocrinology, Reproductive Biology, Fertility, Uterine/Gonadal Biology, Neuroendocrinology, endocrine disorders, or related field.
- Experience in disease biology and in vivo models and tools relevant for research in fertility and reproductive medicine; preferably PCOS, endometriosis, and/or other male and female infertility disorders.
- Excellent skills in in vivo pharmacology, developing disease models for both target validation and evaluation of efficacy and toxicity of lead molecules.
- Experience in designing and managing in vivo experiments that are run by internal and external scientists.
- Adept at navigating and influencing a multi-disciplinary matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral, and written.
- Excitement in advancing a machine learning platform for drug discovery, with a focus in reproductive endocrinology.
Bonus experience and skills
- Experience with GPCR pharmacology.
- Experience working with non-human primates.
- Experience with basic rodent surgery.
- Expertise in Histology.
- Experience with metabolic disorders.
- Expertise in Molecular Pharmacology and development of biochemical and cell-based assays.
Visa Sponsorship: Not at this time
Hiring Manager: Alpha Lee
Visit us at postera.ai
Machine Learning - A wide range including Graph Neural Nets, Transformers and RL.
Tech Stack - Django back-end with React front-end all on AWS for our web development. High-performance languages (Rust) and Postgres databases.