General Ledger Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Presto Automation Inc. (NASDAQ: PRST) is a public company in voice recognition AI technology. It applies that technology in the restaurant drive-through setting, focused on well-known customers such as Del Taco, Checkers, and in the sit-down setting such as Red Lobsters, Applebee’s, and Chili’s. The company foresaw the rise of AI and the value of data analytics in our rapidly advancing technological society and has benefited from early mover advantage. It was one of the relatively few technology companies able to successfully become public in 2022. Founded out of MIT in 2008, the company has grown out of its formerly scrappy roots and is now focused on expanding into all household restaurant chains, at the thousands-of-locations level.
Presto overlays next-gen digital solutions onto the physical world. Our enterprise-grade touch, vision, and voice technologies help hospitality businesses thrive while delighting guests. We are growing fast and are currently looking for a passionate General Ledger Accounting Manager. This position reports to the Controller and will play a key role within our Accounting team. You will need to move fast and be comfortable with wearing many hats and juggling multiple projects.
- Prepare and review journal entries and associated documents.
- Work with accounting team members on Monthly close responsibilities and establish cadence with accounting team members.
- Organize and Prepare and review balance sheet accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with all finance team members to improve and document accounting processes wherever necessary.
- Work on documenting accounting desk procedures.
- Work closely with AR and Revenue Team members to establish accounting and collections process.
- Organize and manage all general ledger reconciliations and relevant documentation.
- Prepare PBC schedules for external auditors.
- Prepare tax PBC for external tax accountants.
- Special accounting/finance projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and effectively to target audiences.
- Strong attention to details.
- Exceptional system skills
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
Nice To Have:
- Experience managing or supervising others
- Experience using Net Suite, Bill.com, Expensify, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Divvy (Credit Card Management System)
- SEC Reporting Experience
Presto (NASDAQ: PRST) has a compensation strategy that aims to reward high performers and retain them for the long term. Other benefits to U.S.-based employees include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program, and paid-time-off (PTO). To learn more, please visit: www.presto.com.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.