Senior Full Stack Engineer
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in an autonomous, supportive team environment with a Lead product manager, product designer and other team members of the growth squad
- Help us build engineering projects that impact customer acquisition, monetization, and customer retention. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Roofrs' business metrics and trajectory
- Collaborate with product and design to create a new onboarding flow to optimize sign-ups
- Work in a collaborative environment with a tight feedback loop between the work you do and the impact it has on users
- Solve problems with pragmatic solutions — you know when to make trade offs between complexity and shipping quickly
- Aim to combine a seamless delivery of user-driven metrics, design-forward user experiences, as well as experimental features and moonshots
- Operate in a fast-moving environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Write rapid and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites
- Quickly set up A/B tests and experiments to learn how we can iteratively improve the user experience with an agile approach
- Be part of a small, nimble growth team that is passionate about developing well-designed, scalable software. We believe that a clean, delightful, interface is important to achieving the best user experience
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- 5+ years as a frontend engineer, or fullstack role with a frontend focus
- 2+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences
- Experience with PHP (Laravel)
- Experience with SCSS, interacting with RESTful APIs, A/B test tools such as google optimize, Optimizely, VWO or similar
- Motivation to move our business forward by building a better product. We're a thoughtful group where compassion for our users is our guiding principle. We're a small team trying to achieve a lot, which means we have real ownership over our work
- An eye for visuals. Design skills are not required but you can critique and modify existing designs
- Experience building for experimentation, iteration, and driving metrics
- Experience working cross-functionally; particularly with marketing teams
- Hunger to have an impact on our business
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- A track record on breaking down complex problems into quick experiments.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other grow
- Understand the challenges of early-stage company priorities
- Like being an individual contributor, but also wants to focus on the bigger picture
- Experience making hard tradeoffs between important goals to get the right things built quickly
- Direct experience on a growth team
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years (not counted towards your PTO)
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- 70% coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependants
- Remote first with support for autonomous work
- We host 2 killer retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement & allowances
- We continuously celebrate and encourage transparency, individuality and uniqueness
- Servant leadership approach
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.