Machine Learning Engineer
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
- Developing Machine Vision AI models for Semantic Segmentation, Anomaly Detection and Entity Classification for Satellite/Aerial imagery (DSM/RGB/etc)
- Researching, developing and deploying advanced algorithms for image processing as well as computer vision
- Working with Geospatial data such as Satellite imagery (RGB/DSM) and GeoJSON to build model pipelines
- Build ML and Computer Vision models to assist/automate manual annotation of detailed roof report drawing
- Experience training models on VMs, Google Kubernetes and Compute Engines
- Deploy models on cloud infrastructure and serve as APIs
- Implementing ML/AI solutions for consumption via API (web/mobile platforms) through collaboration with Software engineers
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- MS/PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with specialization in Machine Learning and/or Computer Graphics
- Experience in image/video processing, computer vision, machine learning
- Strong experience working with RGB and Infrared, and DSM/DTM Satellite/Aerial imagery
- Strong experience working with CNNs, Fast RCNNs, Mask RCNNs, YOLO, ImageNets
- Proficient in Python, PyTorch, PySpark, OpenCV, OpenMLLab, Docker
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.
- Experience deploying ML models in production
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years (not counted towards your PTO)
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- Generous Parental Leave policy (full premium costs of all benefits will be paid by Roofr during this period)
- We host 2 killer retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Remote First with an office in Toronto for those days you feel like getting out of the house
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.