Senior Data Engineer
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
As our first Data engineer, you will be the go-to person to build out data pipelines (automated and manual), as well as processes for migrating customers from their existing CRMs (cloud and on-prem) to our newly developed CRM. Additionally, you will work directly with the CTO and Data Analyst on improving internal data engineering and analytics engineering processes.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Utilize a robust understanding of database structures and knowledge of a variety of different data platforms (APIs, data exports, Postgres, Snowflake) to build robust, sustainable, and scalable data pipelines.
- Design and build, maintain and document the data integrations
- Communicate the process cross-functionally within the team
- Investigate and understand clients’ data needs and how it maps to our systems.
- Work with clients (external, non-technical) to transition data from their CRM/system to Roofr CRM, ensuring quality and consistency is maintained post migration
- Work with engineering to build staging/sandbox environments for customer facing validation/demonstration
- Provide active support and improvement ideas to our existing integration processes, striving to constantly improve our tools, internal workflow, and team practices
- Build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational and engineering excellence best practices
- Analyze systems, define transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by using efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
- Drive the design, to build, execute, and maintain automated tests and/or manage deep data profiling runs to ensure data products and pipelines meet expectations
- Effectively communicate through technical documentation, commented code, and interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- At least 5 years of Data Engineering experience
- Experience working with non-technical stakeholders and clients
- Great communication and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to always learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Interest in automating processes
- Experience with tools like: Dagster/Airflow/Jenkins, DBT, Stitch/Signer/Fivetran
- Experience in Data Warehousing (Redshift, snowflake, etc)
- Experience in SQL across relational and dimensional databases
- Industry experience is beneficial
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years (not counted towards your PTO)
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- Generous Parental Leave policy (full premium costs of all benefits will be paid by Roofr during this period)
- We host 2 killer retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Remote First with an office in Toronto for those days you feel like getting out of the house
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.