Senior Director, People & Talent
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
As the Senior Director, People & Talent, reporting to the CEO, you will be a pillar of culture, champion of employee experience and help lead the efforts in making Roofr a top destination employer.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the People Operations and Talent teams, focusing on HR systems, policy, and programs
- Translating business priorities into People priorities, and effectively prioritizing the highest impact work for the People team
- Manage compensation, commission and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Ensure compliance with local state and provincial employment law
- Manage immigration and visa needs of new and existing employees
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Champion a fun work environment where everyone loves to come to work
- Ensure high employee morale through 1:1s, employee satisfaction surveys and company events (virtual and in-person)
- Conduct investigations and resolutions when complaints are brought forth
- Manage payroll for employees and independent contractors
- Coach and train management in their communication, feedback, and recognition responsibilities with their direct reports
- Ensure employee health and safety
- Champion the Roofr culture
- Manage a team of two and continue growing the department as needed
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources and/or PHR or SPHR
- 5+ years of experience in Global HR and Talent leadership role
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using wise judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and/or law
- Experience using and customizing HRIS
- Experience with immigration laws, visa sponsorship and international contractors
- Experience onboarding and offboarding employees
- Thrive in target and deadline driven environments
- Empathic leader with a desire to listen
- Excellent communication skills- both written and oral
- Comfortable and confident giving presentations to entire company
- You have a CHRP designation and have experience with international teams
- Experience with managing the HR function in an early stage startup
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- We host 2 retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Remote First with an office in Toronto for those days you feel like getting out of the house
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.