Engineering Team Lead
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have an amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
- Lead a team of engineers to help build future Roofr products and technology
- Growing an engineering team in a fast-paced organization
- Work in collaboration with product teams to develop product & technology roadmap
- Contribute organization wide standards and develop team level processes for software and technical methodologies
- Work in an early-stage company with engineering first culture
- Evaluate existing engineering tools & processes and recommend improvements
- Recommend and prototype new technologies to improve system performance and reliability
- Mentoring the engineering team and help grow their skills
- Ensuring we are meeting our high-quality deliverables and testing standards
- Analyze requirements and provide technical and functional recommendations
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- Has 7+ years of software development experience and 3+ years in a leadership role
- Likes the idea of managing a team, still likes the idea of being an individual contributor
- Is a champion of agile methodologies and enjoys shipping code often and confidently
- Excels at organizing engineering plans, scheduling, and budgets
- Can coach/mentor individuals by establishing goals to improve their performance
- Has a track record on breaking down complex problems as incremental solutions
- Proactively recommends initiatives to improve our engineering technologies and culture
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other grow
- Takes ownership of the product and is proud of the quality of their work
- Has excellent communication skills, and appreciates the value of good documentation
- Understands the challenges of early-stage company priorities
- Likes being an individual contributor, but also wants to focus on the bigger picture
- Understands challenges and strategy of rebuilding legacy systems
- Proven experience leading an engineering team with dedication growing both the team and individuals
- Understands micro service architecture, and creating scalable platforms
- Building Restful APIs
- Experience with PHP language & Laravel framework
- Knowledgeable on database technologies and domain design
- Experience building frontend testing and automation systems for unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, and user acceptance tests
- We would love someone that has skills in DevOps, Big Data / Data Science, Machine learning, GIS
🏠 What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
🏝️ Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- 1st week of employment is mandatory PTO! Start your journey with Roofr by decompressing and recharging - we will see you in week 2!
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- We host 2 retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Remote First with an office in Toronto for those days you feel like getting out of the house
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site (https://boards.greenhouse.io/roofr). Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@roofr.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.