The SEO Specialist is responsible for developing and executing SEO strategies that increase website traffic and improve search engine rankings, while maintaining the quality of leads. This includes conducting keyword research, optimizing website content and internal linking. The SEO Specialist will also work with other members of the marketing team to develop and implement marketing campaigns that support SEO goals.
As SEO Specialist, You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Conduct keyword research to identify relevant keywords to target
- Optimize existing website content for search engines, including title tags, meta descriptions, and headers, as well as the body copy of the content
- Write content briefs for copywriters to create content that is unique and answers common user questions and addresses their challenges (consistent with E-E-A-T criteria)
- Provide SEO oversight to web development team and other teams that produce content
- Work with other members of the marketing team to develop and implement marketing campaigns that support SEO goals
- Monitor website rankings, traffic and SEO performance to track progress and make necessary adjustments
- Routinely crawl website to identify technical SEO issues and opportunities
- Maintain keyword mapping and evangelize SEO throughout the company
- Collaborate with web development team to optimize website according to best practices
- Create, maintain and communicate SEO reports to stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on the latest SEO trends and best practices
To Be Successful In This Role, You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in SEO
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms
- Experience with converting keyword clusters into content that ranks for target keywords
- Excellent experience with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Excellent experience with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMrush, ahrefs, Google Analytics
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with content marketing, social media marketing, paid search marketing
- Experience with website development and design
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $68,000 to mid salary of $80,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors. In addition to this base compensation company stock options and benefits as outlined below are included.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off - take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.