Play a pivotal role in the future of Shopmonkey, the leading automotive shop management software.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Graphic Designer at Shopmonkey will collaborate closely with the marketing team to craft smart, effective, and creative solutions that tell our story, elevate our brand as well as the automotive industry, and inspire engagement. We need an anti-gravity creative to visually communicate our automotive lifestyle brand across our channels. You will become intimately familiar with our end-to-end design process from brainstorm to concept development, presentation and iteration, to production. You’ll get to deliver a diverse mix of creative projects while working with a world-class team.
At Shopmonkey, our vision is to help every automotive repair shop thrive. With immense organizational clarity and commitment to realizing our vision, this is just the beginning for us. On the Shopmonkey Marketing team, we deliver powerful results. We have high expectations, high trust and high accountability. We have big plans! Join us.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Content Manager, plus other members of the marketing team to translate creative direction into fresh, innovative visual solutions.
- Work within established design systems, templates, and processes to support brand strategy and direction.
- Create concept-inspired designs that stretch across multiple project types and channels.
- Deliver passionate presentations explaining your process, how your work fulfills creative briefs and accomplishes strategic goals.
- Grow in your craft and gain valuable design experience while working under an experienced designer.
- Gain experience contributing to the development and growth of a world-class brand with a strong vision and market strategy.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need:
- A portfolio of work that exhibits your strong understanding of design fundamentals and strategic design thinking.
- 2-4 years of experience working within a creative team
- Experience using Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to own and manage several projects simultaneously
- Experience in responsive web design and handing finished web designs to a dev team
- Experience in creating diverse types of print and digital media and visual resources to support multi-faceted marketing campaigns
- Outstanding prioritization skills, undaunted by fast-paced environments
- A humble, dependable, transparent approach to teamwork
- A growth mindset that you exercise through curiosity, continuous learning, and asking clarifying questions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high EQ, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience collaborating with video teams, photographers, motion designers, or other types of creative vendors
- Experience in photography, illustration, motion graphics, video, and/or 3D design
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $65,000 to $71,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors. In addition to this base compensation company stock options and benefits as outlined below are included.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off - take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.