Data Migration Specialist
As a Data Migration Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful transfer of data from one system to another while maintaining data integrity and accuracy. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and utilize your expertise in data migration techniques and technologies to support various projects within the organization.
What you will do:
Data Mapping and Analysis:
- Analyze existing data structures and map data fields to the target system, ensuring seamless data migration.
- Identify and resolve any inconsistencies, data quality issues, or gaps in the source data
Data Extraction and Transformation:
- Extract data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and other systems.
- Cleanse, validate, and transform data to meet the requirements of the target system.
- Develop and implement data conversion scripts or programs to automate the extraction and transformation processes.
Data Migration Planning and Execution:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define migration requirements, objectives, and timelines.
- Develop a comprehensive migration strategy and plan, considering factors such as data volume, complexity, and dependencies.
- Execute the migration plan, ensuring minimal disruption to business operations and maintaining data integrity throughout the process.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data migration issues, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
Data Quality Assurance:
- Perform data validation and reconciliation to verify the accuracy and completeness of migrated data.
- Develop and execute test cases and scripts to validate data migration results.
- Collaborate with business users to validate migrated data and address any discrepancies or issues identified.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of data migration processes, procedures, and specifications.
- Generate reports and communicate progress, issues, and risks to project stakeholders.
- Provide post-migration support and documentation to ensure smooth transition and enable future data maintenance.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, tools, and trends related to data migration.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance data migration efficiency and quality.
- Share knowledge and provide guidance to team members to foster a culture of continuous learning and development.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in either software implementation, project management, or data migration
- Expert level understanding of database and data model concepts
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Have a clear, professional, friendly and informative communication style
- Enjoy creative problem solving and enjoying new challenges
- Are self-directed learners and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Thrive in a dynamic & collaborative startup environment, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and evolving customer needs
- Have a related education background (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Familiarity with a SaaS business models a plus
- As a nice plus: truly appreciate cars and/or are familiar with the automotive industry!
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $64,000 to $75,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors. In addition to this base compensation company stock options and benefits as outlined below are included.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off - take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.