Paid Social Specialist
Reporting to the Associate Director of Paid Marketing, as the Paid Social Specialist, you will deliver against acquisition goals, manage and optimize campaigns, monitor channel spend and budget to help acquire customers. You will create and execute social recommendations and optimizations to improve our media buying excellence and drive high-quality leads through our paid social channels. You’ll build a continuous test and learn culture, mining campaign performance and funnel insights to drive future campaign optimizations and testing.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee day-to-day acquisition efforts for paid social channels and partner with internal stakeholders to report full-funnel metrics and ROI
- Lead execution of social media campaigns and partner with brand team to align on social campaign initiatives and goals
- Create, manage and expand campaigns across owned and paid channels (Meta, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc) with a data-driven approach and compile insights to inform strategic decisions
- Optimize campaigns and journey throughout the funnel including channel strategy, targeting, copy and creative and landing page experiences
- Support integrated marketing campaigns to reach department objectives
- Partner with Design team to create cohesive and on-brand ad creative to maintain ad relevance and reduce ad fatigue
- Report quickly and succinctly on campaign performance as it relates to pipeline performance and be able to make data-driven recommendations to drive revenue
- Continuously test and improve campaign creative, copy, and audience targeting to maintain campaign performance
- Diversify media mix by launching new tech vendors and help to research new vendors/platforms
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing advertising channels and campaigns and running social campaigns in B2B marketing for a SaaS company
- Agency or in-house experience preferred
- Experience in creating and managing campaigns on Meta, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social platforms
- Experience with web personalization tools like Mutiny
- Familiar with Google Analytics or other third-party analytics and optimization tools
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Resourceful and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management skills and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Certification in advertising platforms a plus
- Excel skills or data analytics skill sets a plus
In the United States the range is typically a salary of $90,000 to mid salary of $98,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. The range provided is Shopmonkey’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as location, experience, training, skills, and abilities. Consult with your Recruiter during the initial call to determine a more targeted range based on these job-related factors. In addition to this base compensation company stock options and benefits as outlined below are included.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off - take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.