Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representatives are part of a purpose-driven team that provides an extraordinary product and has an extraordinary impact in customers’ lives. This role will be responsible for identifying and sourcing new qualified sales opportunities for the Account Executive team. This role is one of the first touch points for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle following. A successful candidate will schedule product demonstrations between the prospect and the Account Executive and assist the Account Executive with closing the deal through detailed discovery calls and notes that identify key areas of opportunities.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Source and identify qualified opportunities through high volume targeted outbound/inbound efforts (focus will depend on experience and company needs)
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Leadership to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans
- Schedule product demonstrations for Sales Account Executives
- Ensuring all potential customers are followed up with, rescheduled, and owning the process until demonstrations are completed by Sales Account Executives
- Generate and maintain expert knowledge of the Shopmonkey Product, the automotive services industry, competition, market happenings and trends
- Oversee that our CRM is being utilized and managed effectively
- Meet and exceed daily KPI’s and monthly quota
- Help coach and provide light training of new Sales Development Representatives as you grow
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Ability and willingness to be a team player by collaborating and leading by example
- Highly intelligent, passionate, with tenacious work ethic and desire to be a top performer
- An honest and genuine approach to helping potential customers
- Resourceful and adaptable to change and feedback that is given
- Ability to handle objections and proactively address potential roadblocks and/or issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly professional demeanor on the phone
- Ability to articulate product value proposition with any level of detail or brevity
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prefer successful sales experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- Desire to grow within our organization
This full-time position is compensated at $21.63/hour with an uncapped commission target of $25,000 annually. This position is also eligible for equity and standard company benefits.
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks (benefits may vary upon location and employment status):
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- $20 phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual activities and in-person meet-ups
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up for collaboration at least once/year. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available the 1st of the month following hire date
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- Flexible time off - take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Weekly internal product & company training sessions
- Monthly events & education activities focused on DEIB, personal and/or professional development
- Individual career progression plans and leadership/management training
Check out our founder’s story, life page, or hear from real employees about what it’s like to work at Shopmonkey.
Join our team of hungry, humble, smart people who love what they do, and change the auto industry by helping every shop thrive.
About the Industry
The U.S. is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey is the leading auto-repair shop software company; it is a cloud-based solution that helps auto-repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation onto a simple, easy-to-use platform.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley and trusted by more than 3,500+ auto shops across the U.S. and Canada, Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo of the global car repair market, estimated to be worth more than $500B.
In 2021 Shopmonkey raised a $75 million Series C, supported by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms Bessemer Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Headline, I2BF, and ICONIQ Growth.
In 2022, Shopmonkey was named #4 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Startup Employers list (and #1 in Business Products & Software Services).
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members from all backgrounds that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission.
Shopmonkey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.